settlements public spaces governance spatial planning sociology educational cities brownfields safety & security anthropology european policies strategic planning identity regulation urbanization mega-events immigration central places agriculture commerce participation ecology rural areas land use demography
Also in Events & News
- CUI 2013 Contemporary Urban Issue Conference Informality: Rethinking the Urban
- U&U 2013 VII International PhD Seminar Urbanism & Urbanization CALL FOR PAPERS
- World Summit of Local and Regional leaders Rabat 2013 World Congress
- Ecocity World Summit
- EAEA 2013 11th Conference of the European Architectural Envisioning Association (CALL FOR PAPERS CLOSED)
26 October 2012 – 28 October 2012
6th Biennial Conference The Cosmopolitan Metropolis (CALL FOR PAPERS CLOSED)
New York City, USA
UHA Urban History Association
October 26-28, 2012
The Program Committee seeks submissions for panels, roundtable discussions and individual papers on all aspects of urban, suburban, and metropolitan history for the Sixth Biennial Urban History Conference in New York City. The UHA Program is pleased to announce that Columbia University will serve as the local host for this year’s conference.
The papers have to explore the theme of the Cosmopolitan Metropolis. This encompasses issues of ethnic and social diversity and economic and cultural globalism in the richly varied metropolises of the United States and the world. The contributions have to pertain to all types of metropolitan history not only in North America but in Latin America, Europe, Asia, Australia, and Africa.
• Complete panels and individual papers are also welcome.
• Please designate a single person to serve as a contact for all complete panels.
• For traditional panels, include a brief explanation of the overall theme, a one-page abstract of each paper, and a one or two page c.v. for each participant.
• Roundtable proposals should also designate a contact person and submit a one page theme synopsis and a one or two page c.v. for each presenter. All those submitting individual papers should include a one-page abstract and a one or two page c.v.
As part of the conference the UHA will organize workshops for graduate students writing dissertations in urban and suburban history. Students who have written a prospectus and who wish to participate in a workshop should apply with a two to four page letter of interest.
• 5th Biennial Conference, October 20-23, Las Vegas, Nevada
hosted by the University of Nevada Las Vegas
Final Conference Program (October 4, 2010)
• 4th Biennial Conference, November 5-8, Houston, Texax
hosted by the University of Houston
• 3rd BiennialConference, October19-22,Phoenix, Arizona
hostedby Arizona StateUniversity
• 2nd Biennial Conference, October 7-9, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Hosted by the University of Milwaukee-Wisconsin
Final Conference Program
• 1st Biennial Conference, September 26-28, Pittsburgh, PA
Final Conference Program
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND CONTACTS
WEB SITE: UHA Urban History Association Website
dott. Janet R. Bednarek
- Start: 10-26-2012
- End: 10-28-2012.
The journal of Urbanism